women get social

Thursday, April 7, 2011

What a scam!!!!

You know, I'm sure that job web sites have helped alot of people but for me it hasn't. I have all of my information [ resume and application ] on Monster.com.  My information is sent out to various company's in Alabama through this website  but I've had no luck.
It's unbelievable that the only nibbles I have received are those for sales positions. I don't even have a sales background.
Even though my experience is in a specialized field, I would have thought that I would be able to move into a position that is similar to that.
But since 2008, I have not had any worthwhile responses. I also have a resume on al.com. The same thing has happened there. Yahoojobs.com works the same way also.
So, you can see my frustration. I know the economy has been down, but this is ridiculous. I don't mean to sound negative, but it's a scam.
I have been relying on word of mouth, driving to different company's and verbally asking if they are hiring and the newspaper. Sometimes, companies don't advertise online through al.com. This website is derived from the newspaper.
Although my father is financially helping me, I've got to start working somewhere. I have cleaned homes and am currently helping build a website right now to earn some money.
It's just hard to see a future for myself at this time.
I firmly believe that you have to be in the right place at the right time. Maybe it will just happen when I least aspect it too.
Trying to remain optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment