women get social

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Tis the Season

Boy, it's Christmas eve. It just seems to be too early this year. But I've had a good past couple of days. This week I have spent time with all of my friends and family. Last night all of the family met at this restaurant called Highlands. We all dressed up and met for my mothers birthday celebration. The food were wonderful and the wine was great. I usually don't drink alcohol, but last night I did. I did drink plenty of water too so I didn't feel any of the effects this morning.
What does your family do on Christmas? Mine, we meet in the morning for a big southern breakfast, open up gifts and spend time together. Then later in the day we go over to my sisters house to do the same. My sister is a great cook and she'll have a yummy meal waiting for us.
This is my favorite part of the holidays. All of us together.
I think this is the first time I have put up all of my Christmas decorations on Christmas eve. I took down my tree this morning and all of the trinkets around my house. I've had everything decorated since the weekend before Thanksgiving, so I was ready to pack it all up again. Plus, my cat has been driving me crazy with the Christmas tree.
One of my friends have given me cat proof ornaments of her mothers. So next year, hopefully my cat will not be able to break any while she's batting them off the tree. Last year, Butter did knock the tree down, but never played with the ornaments. I guess this year she thought they were her toys and had a ball knocking them down.
Well I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Christmas. God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment