women get social

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sweet Pie

For the past month or so, I've had this cat follow me when I'm walking. I've noticed it before around the property. It's a little gray cat. He's real friendly, so I know he's owned by someone in the neighborhood. Each time I see him, I just want to pick him up and carry him home with me. But my cat wouldn't appreciate that. And I know not to feed this cat because he would be a permanent fixture around my house.
But he's just so cute. You know as I've gotten older, I have become more of a cat person than dog person. I think I like them more because their so independent. And each one has their own  personalities. They let you know when they want to be held and cuddled and will also let you know when enough is enough. You don't have to lavish them with affection all the time. You feel comfortable about leaving them home for longer periods of time.
Mine, well she gets into to things if I'm not there at night. She'll poop on the bed or on the floor if I go away for more than a day. So, I guess there all different, but basically they require less attention than dogs.
My cat has been a handful at times since she came from a shelter. She had problems with biting people and scratching. I know if I hadn't adopted her she probably would have been put down. She's gotten a lot better, more trusting. But still at times she still goes for the ankles. I've talked myself into thinking that she's just trying to get my attention. Whenever she does go for me, I hold her down to the floor holding up her fur behind her neck. She seems to know that it's bad to do that, but she continues. Any ideas anyone?
But I'm still glad I have her. One cute thing she does when she's sleepy is roll on her back. I rub her belly and she loves that. So, I guess with cats you just need to give them their space and play with them at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment