women get social

Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Nice Visit

I spent the day and evening with my parents. I went to their house to help them put together their Christmas trees and then decorated them. My brother stopped by for a few minutes and it was nice seeing him as well. Then we ate homemade chicken soup with homemade biscutts. I was stuffed. Of course I ate practically all day when I was there. So, I'm sure my blood sugar will be higher in the morning.
It's just so refreshing to spend time with the both of them. It kind of reminds me when I was younger. My Dad is busy all the time working, so it was great seeing him.
My mother is probably one of the best cooks along with my sister. Me on the other hand needs a little work. I guess if I had someone else to cook for, I would be better. Don't get me wrong, I can follow a cookbook. I just don't have the nerve half the time. I'm always worried I'll screw it up. But I do try sometimes.
Anyway, I just had a really good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment