women get social

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sipping Tea

I had a really nice visit with my Dad yesterday. We just talked and talked drinking hot tea by the Christmas tree. Sometimes I wish Dad would retire so he would be more available to me. I know that's selfish, but I just don't get to see him a lot. So when I do it's extra special.
Mother was busy planning and preparing for a dinner party their having tonight.
I also had a good time seeing my friend too. I'm so happy for her because she's got a new boyfriend now that appreciates her and treats her well. Before she was with a guy for 19/yrs. that took her for granted.
Maybe one day it will happen to me. I just need to socialize more than I am doing right now. It's so easy to get stuck in a rut. So, next year, I'm going to concentrate in meeting new people.
I don't want to grow old by myself.
Tomorrow is going to be fun. I'm having some out of town company that will probably stay the night. So it will give us a chance to really spend quality time with each other.
I just love the holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment