women get social

Friday, December 10, 2010

Old People

Well, today I helped an elderly person. One of my neighbors is in her late 80's and she needed to go to the bank. She doesn't walk well and she is hunched over using a cane. She was so pitiful. So, I got her to the car [ which took about 20 mins. ] and off we went. She couldn't remember which bank she used, so after driving around for a bit she recognized where it was.
It was an ordeal getting her out of the car to the building. We finally made it in and she said she forgot to bring her checks that needed cashing. So instead of loading her back in the car and wearing her out, I got her key and left to her house.
I found the checks. When I got back to the bank, she was asleep in one of the chairs. I stood there for a couple of minutes patting her arm when she finally woke up. We got her business done and headed back to the car. When I got her home,she was so grateful and thanked me several times.
Even though it took a long time to walk her to and there holding her hand all the way, I knew that it meant alot to her. I felt good in knowing that I helped her today.

No comments:

Post a Comment