women get social

Friday, December 17, 2010

Oh boy!

Yesterday was a busy day. I was volunteering at the Salvation Army all day. They actually had alot of people there. Their distribution center was filled with warm clothing, toys and food. I helped package up all the items for delivery. They also help the Jimmie Hale Mission and Jessies Place.
I saw on the news this morning that Brunos in Hoover and Tuscaloosa has a truck full of those donated bags that people have bought to feed families. I'm so glad that people are able to donate this year. I know last year these charities had a hard time with any donations. I think it's pretty reasonable to donate $5.00. Most people can do that amount.
Since the job front has been slow this week, I have volunteered about twenty hours this week. It's been hard work but I feel good about it. It always feel good to do for others.

1 comment: