women get social

Monday, December 13, 2010

Car Maintenance

The engine light had being on for about 2 months. I ignored it because my car was running fine. This morning when I was leaving to volunteer, my car started sputtering, then it wouldn't start. I waited a few minutes, then it started. I thought, I better swing by Tamaran Honda to see whats up. Well needless to say, I had to leave it there all day.
I had to replace both oxygen sensors that has something to do with the fuel line. And then I had to get the fuel injection flushed because it was clogged up. Then I had to get a new air filter, change the oil, get a new battery because it was low and get a 30,000 mile maintenance. This added up to $751.00 including labor.
Lesson learned. I will not ignore that engine light again.
You never know how much you rely on your car until you don't have it. Luckily Tamaran Honda has a FREE shuttle service to take you home and pick you back up. I would have never found someone to help me today. All my friends work. At least the shuttle didn't cost me anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment