women get social

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Is this it?

You know it's funny. I had a dream last night about a guy that I broke up with 15/yrs. ago. He was actually my first love. We dated 5 1/2 yrs. I heard he had gotten married to a girl that he worked with, who actually was the one he dated after me.
Whats funny about all of this is I never thought my life would turn out like it has. In my close set of friends at that time, I was the one that was going to be married first and have kids. Now all of the girls I hung out with are all married with kids. We don't see each other anymore, but I remember how close we were. I would have never thought that at age 45 I would still be single. Not to mention having diabetes. Just think I'm unemployed, single, living alone with my cat.
I thought 15/yrs. ago my life would have been different.
Maybe it just means that "the magic" just hasn't happened yet. Maybe it means that "my time" is just around the corner. Or maybe I have a special purpose in my life. Who knows.
I quess time will only tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment