women get social

Friday, December 3, 2010

Crowds

I went to lunch with a friend today after I volunteered. You can tell that businesses are all busy now with holiday shoppers. The restaurant was packed full. When we went to Hobby Lobby to catch their 50% off sale, you couldn't even walk in there without bumping into people. I got a few Christmas nicknacks and a small 1ft. tree for my bedroom. I only spent $9.00.
The traffic was like 5.00pm traffic everywhere you went. There were also long lines with people waiting. Some of these people had frowns on their faces because it was taking so long. But besides that, most others were nice and polite. It seemed like people were all shopping in unisome.
Even Walmart, where I buy my groceries was crowded. There was a steady stream of people walking in and out these stores. I bet the employees were working on overdrive stocking the shelfs. And you know, it's only gonna get worst closer to Christmas.
I sure am glad that I got my shopping done early this holiday. No hustle and bustle for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment