women get social

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas money

Both of the women that I clean their houses gave me a Christmas bonus today. I got $50.00 from one and the other I got $70.00. Both of these women are elderly and on a fixed income so I know what this meant to them. If I hadn't had these jobs then I wouldn't have been able to give my family presents this year.
I just heard from a friend that I used to work with and she told me that UAB has just laid off about 100 people in the past month. She said she would have lost her job too if the department didn't have funds left over from grant money this year.
So, I quess the economy is still struggling despite what the news says. I know it's super tight in finding a job that I could support myself from. I'm thinking if I can't find a high paying full time job, I'm probably going to have to settle for two or three part time jobs. The only problem with this is that I won't have health insurance.
I'm still having a hard time finding a company that would give me health insurance.
All I can do is think positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment