women get social

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Day

How did you bring in the new year? Well, needless to say I didn't drink diet coke last night. I've had this bottle of wine in my frig since before I was diagnosed with diabetes two years ago. I decided [with some coaching] to bring in the new year. I mean really.
Alcohol seems to affect me quicker than the average person. After I had drunk two glasses of wine, I was saying "Happy Mothers day" instead of "Happy New Year." So you can just imagine. I decided to pour the rest of the wine down the sink before I was motivated to drink more.
So, today after my blood sugar shot through the roof I have been completely lazy. On SyFy they've been running the Twilight Zone series all day. That takes me back.
I did take a walk, a short one. I even put my jammies back on when I got home. With my nice warm fuzzy pink socks.
Well thats about it for me today. I hope ya'll have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment