women get social

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Mundane

You know it's so easy to get stuck to a certain routine. I have been feeling lately that I'm spending too much time volunteering for one organization. So, I'm cutting my hours down and volunteering at an old place working with wildlife. Thats the beauty of volunteering. You don't have to donate your time to just one place.
Since I have been volunteering these past few years, it's given me something I can be proud of. It's not just getting me out of the house, but it's giving me an outlet. Besides I'm most happier if I am helping others whether that may be people or animals.
It also gives me a sense that I am still worth something even if I'm not working at a full time job. So, I think we each need to find something that allows us to sparkle. Volunteering does it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment