women get social

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Taking care

Hi there! I haven't blogged in a few days, sorry. I kind of got down in the dumps. It's not like I wasn't forwarned about this. When I was diagnosed with diabetes, my doctor told me what to espect. For the past few months I have been dealing with sores. Some have gone away, while others have gotten worst. This is just one of the perks of having diabetes. Also, since my immune system is comprimised, I have also been dealing with constant bugs. My doctor told me that these things will come in waves.
It just gets so overwhelming and old. My mother is real worried about me because she says I'm not taking care of myself well enough. Yes, I know that I'm suppose to eat on time everyday and eat at least five small meals a day, but I just haven't felt like it. If it's not running a fever; it's having major spikes in the blood sugars. Having spikes in blood sugars is dangerous because this puts alot of strain on my organs. In the morning my blood sugars are right on target, but in the afternoons their either really low under 70 or their high.
So, it's just been a struggle. I tried to explain it to my parents that it's so hard to manage my blood sugars even after a year. I've gotten into a major slump. I have tried to eat more in the past two days. This has allowed me to have more energy and less headaches. When you have to worry about eating when your suppose to and dealing with virus's and infections, your plate becomes full. I'm not complaining because I know that I am fortunate to have the best medical care, it just gets harder to fight the complications of diabetes.
I sometimes think, am I going to be able to do this for the rest of my life? And how long will that be?
I've delt with discouraging thoughts before, so I know what to do. Sometimes it's difficult to stay happy and optimistic.
I just have to continue to believe God will give me strength to overcome. I have a supportive family and friends to get me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment