women get social

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Renters

You know, when you live in a condo community you will always have renters living there. Renters usually don't care about trash in the parking lot or how the property looks. About 6/yrs. ago, a renter left a grill unattended to on there deck and it burned down the entire building.
So naturally when you see an open flamed grill on someones deck or patio you get concerned. My friend and I noticed this last night. When we went to the resident to tell her about the grill and the fact that this was the cause of the building that had burned down she claimed that hers was an electric grill. But the only thing about this was that there were 3 feet of flames coming up on her grill.
The fire department was called to come out,which they did. When I looked at the grill about 1 hour later the lid was on it. So, I didn't know if the fire department asked them to turn it off or not. Or if the neighbor just had the lid on it while still grilling.
I was suppose to check it a few hours later but I ended up falling asleep.
I don't think I overreacted because of the dangers it had presented. You just never know.
I think it's better to be safe than sorry. What would you have done?

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't have done anything unless it was in my building. Did you call the fire department?

    ReplyDelete