women get social

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Memories

You know it's funny to look at old pictures of your youth. Friends that were important in your life and places you went to. I found some pictures of me when I was 17 - 18yrs. of age. I was very active with show jumping. Thats jumping cross poles in horse shows. Every day after school for two years I would go to a farm out on Valleydale road [this was before anything was developed on the road] and go to a horse camp.
I would clean out stables, exercise the horses and participate in shows.  I took care of one gray mare called Hocus Pocus. I remember that I would always bring sugar cubes and apples for her when I saw her. My favorite time there was when I would ride bareback to a pond and wade in the water with her.
Boy, it seems that life was so easy going then. I still gear towards horse books and pictures even though I have long sense given up riding. I would have loved to have my own horse farm with pigs. I know that sounds odd, with pigs. I have always thought pigs were adorable. Their messy and stink ,but they are smart animals.
I wonder how different my life would have been if I went in that direction. No hustle and bustle going to work everyday, no condo bought and no lay off.
All you can do is your best and hope everything works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment