women get social

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

kitty girl

The funniest thing happened last night. I was finishing up my closet and I remember opening up a drawer in my dresser then closing it. Well the night goes on and I couldn't find Butter. I looked in all of her hiding places and she wasn't there. Then I went back to put something else in the dresser and I found her snuggled beneath my pajamas in the drawer. She had been there for a couple of hours, not making a sound. No meowing to get her out or anything. Cats are funny animals.
I have this neighbor who is always walking around outside in her nightgown. It doesn't matter if it's day or night. Well she knocks on my door this morning, in her nightgown [ she's in her late 80's ] and she asks me if her son had been looking for her. It's about 7:30am. Well I said "Ruth Ann, I don't know." She said that she thought she heard a knock on her door last night, but she wasn't sure. So, I walked her back over to her condo and got her to call her son. Then she tells me that her son didn't come by. She then asked me if I wanted some hot tea. So I sat down and drank some tea with her. I think sometimes she gets lonely and wants some company.
Butter is purring at my feet. I think it's time to feed her.

1 comment:

  1. Should we create a BLOG for Ruth Ann? We could call it ngagepjs . . . Just a thought. She could BLOG all day long. We could write back. It could be like a BLOGGing pajama party with out the sleepover. Bless her sweet little heart! Night. Glad Butter is behaving.

    R

    ReplyDelete