women get social

Monday, October 4, 2010

The fall

Boy, the blistering heat is gone for the moment. It's been wonderful walking in the morning now with a cool breeze in the air. Now, I have to change out my summer clothes to fall and winter clothes. This means completely rearranging my closet. A quick trip to my parents house for bags of clothing.
I store my clothing at my parents because I have zero room in my one closet. Yea, one closet. Thats the life living in a condo. I do have one shelf in my utility room where my washer and dryer is, but thats it.
I envy those with three or more closets to store things in.
I heard from Buffalo Rock this morning and they want me to take some tests on Thursday to determine the level of my computer skills. I'm alittle rusty since I haven't worked on a computer in awhile. So, these next couple of days I'm gonna brush up with a program called video professor. It's a free online course that goes through the basics of different software. So hopefully I'll be prepared.
I called the employment office that I interviewed with last week and their still meeting with perspective employees. There's another company that I'm looking at called Sidel. This is a customer service job in irondale, so we'll see how that pans out. I did email my resume on Saturday to Travelors Insurance for a customer support position. Hopefully I'll hear from them soon. So all in all, I'm still getting nibbles on the job front.

1 comment:

  1. You are making some GREAT points in you Posts! I have a good feeling about these applications and interviews. Something big is going to happen. I can feel it!
    Keep it up Allison! I'm really proud of you.

    R

    ReplyDelete