women get social

Friday, October 22, 2010

It's Friday

If I were working right now, friday would be the end of a work week. For some reason it seems that friday is when activities start. Good movies on TV, concerts, night out with friends,etc.
I haven't blogged in a few days because I have had some sort of stomach virus. I also  had a fever. I heard from a friend who said that there is a virus going around.
I left another message on the answering service for that company that I had been interviewing with, but still no call back. I quess that means I didn't get it. I think two weeks is a long enough time to hear back from that company. I'm really disappointed because I thought I had a good chance of getting it. I'm still trying to stay positive.
I've even gone to department stores within these last two weeks and cold called. I just walked in and asked if they were hiring. No luck. I didn't find any new prospects online this week either.
So, I quess I will continue to volunteer to occupy my time and search for jobs. I did find out that UAB has now opened their employment services again. They had a freeze on that for 14 months. At least I have another avenue to check.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    Keep your chin up! That great job is out there, I promise! USB may be a great opportunity for you. I think I would spend more energy there. Great benefits, probably good pay, you already know the system. Whatever happened with the outlet store fair? They should be filling those jobs.

    Have a good weekend and start again next week!

    Rock

    ReplyDelete