women get social

Thursday, October 14, 2010

1 week

Well it's been one full week since I took that test for that company I have been interviewing with. I haven't heard a peep from them. I know that there were alot of other applicants interviewing as well.  I hope I do get it.
This is the most frustrating part. You get through the first interview. Then you take their tests. Then you wait. I can't tell you how many interviews I've been on where you go through several interviews and you think you have it, then you don't. I quess I have to realize that since the economy has been so bad, there are dozens of folks like me interviewing for that one job.
Sometimes it's hard keeping a positive attitude. But you have to. The other company that I was looking at just hired someone, so it's back to the drawing board. I'm gonna call the company tomorrow to see where they are in respect to hiring someone. { the co. I took the test with }
I'll tell you one thing, taking long walks in the morning helps. It clears my head and takes the stress away.
But what is always in the back of my mind is that I'm trying my hardest to be independent again and yet there are all these obstacles in front me of keeping me from that independence. That probably doesn't make much since. That is the best way to describe this.
I have to think of happy thoughts, I quess.

1 comment:

  1. Keep thinking good thoughts Allison. At least you are out there, trying to move the ball forward, so to speak! I imagine it is frustrating. The right job is out there, and you WILL find it! Have hope and faith. If they can get 33 men out of a mine shaft, 2000 feet below the surface, safely, after 69 grueling days, anything is possible.

    R

    ReplyDelete