women get social

Thursday, October 28, 2010

brainstorm

I woke up this morning feeling a bit conflicted. I feel that I have to clear the air about my feelings lately. You know, getting rejection after rejection on the job front can really wear on a person. To be honest, I feel like a failure. I've never had such a hard time finding a job. I can remember when I was younger, I used to get any job I set out to find. But now, it's different.
I'm competing against younger folks. I sometimes feel when I walk into an office that I'm the oldest one there applying for the job. It makes me alittle uncomfortable. Not only that, I am competing with a dozen people for one job. I know that the economy is bad, but it just seems that years ago I was easily marketable.
I quess true failure is when you stop trying. So, I keep on filling out applications.
It's hard when I see people out in the public and they ask me what I'm doing. My answer is always, I'm trying to find work. It gets embarrassing. What also wears on my pride is knowing that I'm being supported by my father at my age. I never thought while I was at UAB, that this would happen to me. Because I was at UAB for 9 1/2 yrs. I thought I would be in a different place in my life rather than where I am now.
I just have to continue to listen to others when they say things will change. Things will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment