women get social

Monday, April 2, 2012

Whats New

Whats new with me. Well nothing. I'm going through the same mundane days with volunteering then hobbies. I try to do something each day that will enrich my life. So today, I went to the park after work to do some sketching. I'm not very good at it, but I think it's all about what each person sees through their eyes.
It was such a beautiful day today and hot. It seems like we went straight through spring to now summer. And I can't believe that Easter is this week. So far, this year is flying by.
I saw the most pitiful thing on the side of the road today. While I was driving home, I saw this dog who obviously had been hit by a car. There were others that had stopped to help. This poor dog was just dragging his back legs as he tried to run from those who were trying to catch him.
I just don't understand why there are so many unwanted pets out there. It really tugs at my heart.
One sweet thing that happened today was when I went to the grocery store tonight. I was walking out to my car and this older man was carrying this bunch of flowers with him. I guess I was staring at the flowers when he said, "flowers for the sweet." He gave me a flower before getting in his car to leave. I thought that was so nice. It sort of made my day.
Nothing much else going on for the rest of the evening. Just my chores and feeding my ever so hungry cat. Sometimes I feel bad that my cat is alone a lot. But I know she just sleeps all day.
Well thats about it for me today.
I hope everyone has a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment