women get social

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Just a Little Tid Bit

Just a little news about skin care and diabetics. Since I've had diabetes, I tend to heal slower from cuts or sores. And my skin is much dryer than before.
The bad thing about me is that I have a cat that scratches. Each time she does this, it takes me double the amount of time for my skin to not get infected. I know this must sound gross, but it's a fact.
Also, when I get sick, it takes me longer to get well. So I am constantly trying to stay away from germs.
But for the past few months my blood sugars have been great. Almost to normal. Because of this my immune system has been stronger. But I still need to be careful.
These are just the little things that you have to put up with when you have diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment