women get social

Friday, April 20, 2012

Butter Kitty

Well, today was the icing on the cake. For no reason, Butter, my cat, hissed at me and then misses my eye just a bit with her claws. I've had this cat for a little over two years now and I have tried to win her over with love, kisses, hugs and toys.
But nothing has worked. She still hisses at me, tries to bite me and scratches me. My body is riddled with scrapes. So, today I took the advice of my family and found her another home.
I'll know next week when my friends from Jasper can come and get her. Of course, I'll still have to somehow put her in her crate. But she's got a place to go. My friends live out in the country, have three other cats and one dog.
I think she'll have more space to run around in and she might even get along with the other cats. Because this arrangement is just not working anymore.
I love her so much and will miss her. I just can't keep her anymore.
And I know that if I called the rescue center where I adopted her they would probably put her down. No one else will adopt a cat that is a "loose cannon."
I'll know better next time not to adopt a cat that was abused before. Maybe in time I'll get a kitten. A kitten that I can mold and would be a pleasant cat to be around.
But for now, I'll not be a pet owner for awhile. A part of me thinks I failed as a pet owner. I failed because for some reason this cat never trusted me completely. I just don't know what else I could have done.
And the fact that I am a diabetic who is prone to getting infections. These scratches are doing a number on my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment