women get social

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Good friends

You know it's so nice to have good friends. I saw my friend and her husband yesterday. This is the friend that I have spoken of before that has a rare kidney desease. She has to dialize 5 x a day and only gets out when she has a doctors appointment in Birmingham. So, I met them for lunch.
We're not blood related,but we are more like sisters. We can pick up with our conversation quickly even if we don't see each other often. She has been through so much, that everyday is a blessing to her.
I have two other friends that are going through a difficult time. One is getting a divorce and the other just broke up with someone thats she's been with for 19 years. She realized finally that there was no future in this relationship. He would always say to her that they would get married, but finally said no.
My other friend lives right upstairs from me and she has such a good soul. She's always there for me if I'm sick and need to talk. She's a very giving person.
But I think that I can truely say the my real sister is one of my best friends. It's taken years of understanding each other, but I know she's my greatest fan and I'm hers too. I think if you can call anyone a friend is a true blessing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm finally catching up on our BLOGS! I'm so proud of you Allison and soooo grateful that we finally found each other. I am your biggest fan and don't ever forget it!!! I love you with all my heart.

    The Rock :)

    ReplyDelete