women get social

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cold standstill

Boy it's been cold. In the teens in the morning and only at or below freezing everyday.
I haven't blogged in the past few days because my internet has been down. The phone service said that due to the freezing weather there were some lines that got water in the lines.
At least I haven't lost my power during this week. There are still counties up north of Alabama that are still closed due to the continued ice on the roads.
But we're lucky in Alabama. We didn't get nearly the storm that Atlanta did. We could have been snow and ice bound for more than a few days.
I haven't volunteered lately because the park has been closed. Since the roads in the park haven't been traveled on, it's still icey over there. I know that there has been a team of volunteers stuck there since last Sunday. At least the wildlife has been taken care of.
There's been aot of truckers complaining about the lack of road clearing in Alabama and Georgia. It makes since that in the south there are not alot of road crews clearing ice away because we simply don't see this kind of weather very often. So the states are not going to budget for this extra expense.
The kids in the neighborhood have had a blast these last couple of days with no school. But now the majority of schools are open and things are getting back to normal. I quess it's true. For a few days it's fun, but after that it's a headache.
I still think that I could live in a place that gets year round snow. I just love the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment