women get social

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Yuk!!!

I came home a little early today. I feel awful. Yesterday I woke up to drainage and a cough. Today I have a sore throat, runny nose and a headache. No matter how many omega 3's and vitamin c tablets I take I still catch bugs easily. This is just one of the joys of having diabetes.
Enough about me. My friend is sick again. She had surgery a week ago on her arm, neck and stomach and she has caught a staff infection. I feel so helpless. There is absolutely nothing I can do for her to make her feel better. Because of her kidney disease she develops so many complications. Not only does she have to dialyze every other day, she has bad asthma and arthritis. I've tried to think what I could do to bring a little happiness in her life. But I guess the only thing I can do is to be there for her.
I hate to see anyone in any pain. Things like this really make you think of what is truely important.

No comments:

Post a Comment