women get social

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hamy downs

I have been saving my money. Putting a little bit aside each month to buy my friend a new coat. He basically has only pennies to rub together and he hasn't had a coat for as long as I have known him. So, I decided this spring that I would get him one.
But good news. My Dad is gonna be cleaning out his closet and has a few coats or jackets that might fit my friend. I am so thankful. If these fit him then I'll just buy him a hat and gloves. My best friend, his wife just went to a garage sale and boat a "new" coat for five dollars. She said that when she looked in the pocket the tag was in there and the coat was worth 355.00. So, thats a steal. She says that it looks like the coat was just stored away and never worn.
It's amazing what you can find at garage sales. I used to be an avid garage sales shopper. I remember I got six plates, six bowls and six glasses for only 10.00. Thats when I was just starting out on my own and those things came in handy.
Back to my friends. They need so much that I want to help them. These are the kind of people that would give the shirt off their backs to help anyone. Their always thinking of others. So if I can give them little things that they need then it would really make a difference to them. Their awfully proud, but we are such old friends that they will accept things from me. Plus, I have been pretty fortunate to have parents that could afford to buy me what I needed throughout the years that I want to pay it back.
Or what is it called "pay it forward?" I think there was a movie about that. Anyway, I just want to take care of those I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment