women get social

Friday, July 20, 2012

Lucy

Well, I've had my sister's dog Lucy since last Friday night. And I thought I would like to get a dog. No more. The companionship would be great, but not having to keep taking out a dog to walk and do it's business. Granted Lucy is house trained and she doesn't require to be taken out but four times a day. Actually she's been sitting in front of the front door about every three to four hours. She's made friends with one dog but can't stand two others that are yorkies.
Last night, I had taken the trash out of the trash can. I had the bag sitting on the kitchen floor. I went out last night to pick up the poop. When I came in, Lucy wasn't in the livingroom. I walked in the kitchen and she was in the trash bag with trash scattered all over the floor. I had left a half eaten bowl of spagetti in the trash and she had spagetti sauce all over her whiskers. All I had to do was to look at her. She then crawled out of the bag and sat on the floor just looking at me.
She knew she had done something wrong so no yelling from me was necessary. Plus, it's my fault to leave a bag full of food scraps on the floor. Too much of a temptation.
Although she did get into the trash last night,she's been a complete joy here. She's slept with me every night and has loved her walks in the morning. We haven't walked too far, just out in front of my condo. And she loves to roll around in the grass and lay out in the sun on the grass.
She knows my routine now. I will be giving her back to my sister tomorrow. I think I will keep her again. Maybe not for as long, but I'll keep her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment