women get social

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Something New

Ohhhh.. it's bitter cold outside today and that wind just rips right through you. After I volunteered today, I bundled up in three shirts, a fleece jacket, gloves and a hat and stayed out at the park today. There was suppose to be art workshops going on today, but I found out last week that it was just for children. So, I decided I was going to be a little creative today.
I took a legal pad and some pens with me and went out by the lake and sketched all around me. I don't have a sketch pad or those charcoal pencils, I just made due with what I had. Even though it was chilly to the bone, I had a good time. There was hardly anybody out at the park today.
I'm just beginning to sketch. I guess I got into it because of my sister. She had given me this wonderful kit with paint and brushes. I've already painted one picture out of water colors. And one with oil based paint. I thought I'd try this sketching stuff.
I would have brought my camera with me if I had remembered it.
But all in all, it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment