women get social

Friday, February 11, 2011

The walk to remember

I usually walk real early in the morning. When I went to clean Mrs. Bells home this morning, she asked me if I wouldn't mind taking a walk with her. She's a bit unstable,so I went and held her hand. It was interesting, she talked about her childhood and two husbands. She was reliving the birth of her children and her grandchildren. I can't imagine how different the world has become since she grew up in the depression.
I think it would be pretty neat to experience that. It seems that life was so simple in that era.
No 21st. century technology, traffic and women working. Gosh, what would you do?
When I got home I went through pictures of my childhood, family and friends. The "walk to remember" made me feel grateful for all of the opportunities I have had. A caring family and friends.
It's easy to try to imagine yourself living in a different time. Who would  have been my parents. Any siblings?
Where would I have grown up?
I quess you could think that you were meant to be on the earth at a certain time. Nothing happens by chance.
You have a higher purpose and someone is always watching out for you. God.

No comments:

Post a Comment