women get social

Saturday, February 19, 2011

To be thankful

Happy Birthday to me!!!! I turn 46 today. I remember when I was younger I thought any year after 40 was old. You know even if I am single right now and don't have a man in my life, my friends well make up for that. I feel truely blessed to have them. They have fussed over me these past few days with cards, flowers and gifts that I have felt truely loved. I don't mean that this is the only time I have felt loved by my friends, but they have really made my Birthday a day to cherish.
My good friend Jan brought me a bouchet of daiseys yesterday and a card. Daiseys are my favorite. And I got a really nice card from a friend last night who is going through a really hard time. And of course I can't exclude my friends from out of town that gave me roses, balloons and showered me with homemade gifts. I have another good friend who  is facing hard times and gave me a beautiful necklace.
I have those type of friends that no matter whats going on in their lives always think of others. All of them are those that you can tell secrets to, talk about your problems to and always cry on their shoulders.
They become your family and your soul mates. My parents and siblings are cooking me a wonderful dinner tonight with sugar free cake and ice cream.
So all in all, I am thankful for who I have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment