women get social

Sunday, February 20, 2011

A False Spring

My grandmother used to call these warm days in the middle of winter a false spring. It's been glorious these past few days. Everywhere you look you see people out walking,jogging,in shorts, riding motorcycles and riding with their tops down. [convertables] I have a Japanese maple tree in my front garden that is actually sprouting new growth. I hope it doesn't get down in the teens again, because all of these new vegetations will die.
It also seems that people are more cheerful now. The only bad thing that I don't look forward to are the wild parties that will happen in my condo complex. We've had alot of "renters" move in and they all look young. Some of them have already had quests leaving cans and trash in the parking lot. You would think these people would have better manners than they do.
My cat has even been jumping around and laying in the bay window in the sun. But when bad weather comes,she seems to hide. So thats a good thing about having pets, they always let you know when bad weather is around the corner.
One quick note: I had a wonderful time last night at my parents house for my Birthday dinner. The food was fabulous as always and I got to spend time with my sister,nephew and brother I don't see very often. Oh, and I was treated today with lunch and more gifts from my dear friend Jan.
I can't believe I'm 46/yrs. old. Where has the time gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment