women get social

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Birthday surprises

I have the best friends ever. My friends from Jasper came into town today and I met them for lunch. The next thing I knew they had a dozen red roses,balloons and a gift for me. Debra crocheted a blanket for me that was gorgious. I also got a moose statue from Brian [ this is from an inside joke ] and I also got a potted plant of baby roses with a vase. We met at Crackerbarrel. The waitresses sung Happy Birthday to me and gave me a free desert. Luckily the dessert was no suger added apple pie which I brought home with me. Debra and Brian struggle with money,so this was extra special. I love them dearly.
My friend barbara took me out to lunch about two weeks ago because she wasn't going to be in town around my Birthday. She also paid for my lunch and bought me this beautiful pearl and sterling silver necklace and a new water bottle. She's one of my oldest friends from 25/yrs ago.
My Birthday isn't until this coming Saturday, so I feel pretty much like a princess.
My parents are going to cook steaks out for me on Saturday, so I am looking forward to seeing everyone.
And my friend Jan is taking me out Sunday for lunch.
I feel truely blessed to have my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment