women get social

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Time flies

Time sure flies by when you least aspect it to. I was going to blog yesterday, but I got caught up on Monster.com last night. I had a remarkably busy week than usual. I volunteered everyday except for Wednesday. I cleaned houses this week. Twice at one residence and once for another. I was even able to see two friends that I don't get to see very often.
When I went to the pharmacy this morning to get more diabetes supplies there was this old,old lady who told the pharmacist that she turned 102 yesterday. Whats amazing about this is she drove herself and is still living on her own. I asked how she has been able to stay young. I was thinking she would say something like eating right, getting enough excerise,etc. But she said in a very sweet voice, "I stay young chasing younger men."
There was a silence in the room, then everyone laughed.
I have been awaiting news on a job that I had gone to several interviews on and had taken a software test. My sister advised me not to call the manager again tomorrow. Just wait awhile. I'm just anxious. I was telling my dad a few weeks ago that I have applied and interviewed with 52 companies since last June. I estimated in June because thats when I had my last eye surgery. I had interviewed with about 10 before that time.
I saw on CNN news last week that the national unemployment rate has gone up again to 10.2%. In Alabama the unemployment rate is 10.8%. Thats scarey.
Tomorrow morning I'm applying for a job at a department store. Its in Alabaster which is not too far from where I live. It's called Old Time Pottery. I found this one on al.com. It's sort of like a huge pottery barn. So, we'll see what comes of that.
I came so close to adopting another kitten last week. I already have one. I went in the pet store to get more litter and cat food plus a toy or two and I walked by the shelter within the store. This is where I adopted my kitten, Butter. I saw a little kitty about 4/mos. old who looked just like my other cat Molly that I had to put down. Ohhhh. I came so close. But i thought of my new kitty Butter and I didn't think she would adjust well to another cat.
I'm glad I didn't get that cat because it would mean double vet bills. But he sure was cute.
Thats about all of my news. Talk later.

No comments:

Post a Comment