women get social

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Insomnia

Hello all. It's 4:40am and I have not gone to sleep yet. I know I blogged about no sleep yesterday, but this is ridiculous. I've had bouts of insomnia before. I have tried everything I can think of. I turned off the TV so I wouldn't have any stimulus. I read a book. I drank some "sleepy time" tea. I got busy cleaning out my vaccum cleaner. And then I walked around my home [inside]. I even took a hot shower about 2am. That usually does the trick.
The one night that my neighbors decide to be quiet. I'm tired and my eyes are sleepy, I just can't fall asleep. Once I go to sleep, I sleep like the dead. I'm a very hard sleeper. It's just the "going" to sleep that I have trouble with.
I can remember not sleeping when I was younger. I would lay awake and stare at the ceiling. Staying up for exams when I was in college was a breeze for me because I didn't require a lot of sleep back then. Even if I sleep hard, I usually get about five hours of rest. Thats a long time for me. If I get 7 hours like I got yesterday morning then I am usually awake the next night and that is exactly what happened.
So at 3:30am I got out of bed, made my bed and put my clothes on for the day. I just ate breakfast at 4:30am. I'll take my medicine at 5am. Then I'll wait a couple of hours and then go to the grocery store. Then I'll workout. Thats my day in a nut shell. By noon today I would have almost put in a full day.
What I'm not going to do is to sleep during the day no matter how appetizing that is. Cause I don't want the same thing to happen tonight. I want to be good and tired.
I hope everyone has a nice restful Sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment