women get social

Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday

Boy, I over did it on Wednesday at the gym. Every time I take a step, just walking my knee pops. I did an hour on my cardio then and I thought I wouldn't be sore. Today when I woke up, my knee just throbbed.
I tried walking around my neighborhood this morning, but that didn't work either. I've taken advil every six to eight hours and still it hurts. I guess I need to get a knee brace the next time I go to the gym.
Not much else going on today. I've been shredding a bunch of financial statements. I'm one of these folks that don't throw away anything. So now, my filing system is just bursting.
Oh and I weighed last Sunday and I've lost 16 pounds. Going to the gym, eating low carbs and just being more active is the result of the weight loss. I've got eighty more pounds to loose. That sounds like a lot, but my dad seems to think that if I continue to do what I'm doing now it may take 6 to 8 months more. I don't see it. I'm thinking it will take at least a year to loose the rest. We'll see.
But I know that I am completely committed to this now. I'm tired of making excuses for myself. Tired of being fat. I have so many cute outfits that I can't wear. Heck, I have a whole wardrobe just waiting for me. And when I go to the gym, I'm not self conscious because I see ladies in there that are even bigger than I am. And everyone are so helpful.
When I joined the gym, I had a fitness trainer design my program. But I haven't seen him since. So when I go to the gym, I work my program which is one the first day I do the 30 minute circuit training. This has different weight machines working your back, legs, arms, shoulders and abs. Then it has a step up bar on the floor where you step up and down. On the second day, I do 30 minutes of cardio, then work on my abs. On the third day I do what I did on the first day. And on the fourth day I do what I did on the second day. So all in all I am working on resistance and cardio. My heart rate was 158 when I started two weeks ago, but now it's 144. The target heart rate for my age is 110, so I've got a long way to go. The higher your heart rate is shows how out of shape you are.
I'm confident that the more time goes by, my stamina will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment