women get social

Thursday, March 22, 2012

What is that?

This is the last funny moment I'm gonna include. I hope you have enjoyed the others. Well here it is.
I think it was in the early 1990's. I had a cyst on one of my ovaries and I had it taken off. I had started my period before surgery, it was a mess.
Anyway, as I'm waking up in recovery I felt something between my legs. I looked down and saw something poking up under the sheets. Keep in mind, I'm still drugged at this point. I start yelling.
[ the nurse told me all of this when I was myself ]
I yell, "oh shit, You gave me a penis!"
In reality they had stuck a maxi pad there. That was all. But me, being me thought I had been surgically altered. I just freaked out. I can't imagine what the other people in recovery thought.
After the nurse told me what I had said, I was completely mortified. She on the other hand was laughing along with two other nurses.
I guess this will be one on the books for the most bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment