women get social

Thursday, March 15, 2012

An Oldie But Goodie

Ok, picture this. I used to work in Circuit Court at the Criminal Justice Building. I was a court advocate for defendants assigned to supervision for the courts. Anyway, I'm sitting at the attorney table. There's the defense attorneys, probation officer and the District Attorneys. The judge calls me to the bench. As I'm rising out of my chair I fart. It's not just one of those silent ones, it was loud. Plus the smell followed me all the way up there and followed me back. I could smell it myself.
I am so mortified!!!! I could feel my face getting hot and I started sweating out of embarrassment.
I just knew everyone in the courtroom knew what had happened.
I then think, well maybe not. Maybe just maybe no one noticed. When I got done with the judge I quietly walked back to my seat. When I sat down the probation officer leaned over to me and says " Damn girl."
He starts laughing and I start laughing. Now keep in mind this is in the middle of court session.
When I looked down the table, one of the DA's had his hand in front of his face laughing.
Needless to say, I will always be remembered as the "gassy girl."

No comments:

Post a Comment