women get social

Thursday, September 30, 2010

What was that?

It's 2:46am this morning and I wake up with this scratching noise at my front door. Butter is going crazy, running back and forth into the bedroom. I look around the front window and there is this raccoon trying to paw his way into the locked cat door. I knocked on the door to try to scare him away. That didn't work.
Butter starts squeeling and then the raccoon stopped and ran away. Too much going on at this hour.
The only bad thing being waken up that early is that I had to be bright and cheery for an interview this morning.
One of the companies that I had emailed my resume to called yesterday and scheduled me for an 8:30am interview. Once I'm woken up, it's hard for me to settle down again to sleep. So, I stayed awake.
The interview only consisted of me filling out an application and briefly speaking with the office manager.
This interview was with Buffalo Rock. The position was for an office assistant. You needed to have some computer skills, communication skills and be used to working in a fast paced environment.
The computer skills included excell and word. I had worked with this somewhat at UAB, but didn't know all about spreadsheets. They did say that they would train. So, all in all I was happy with the meeting. I'm curious to see if I will get a call back.
I can't believe it's already Sept. 30th. This month has flown by...

No comments:

Post a Comment