women get social

Friday, September 10, 2010

modem

Whew! I finally got my new modem. My other one just died. I forgot all of my passwords to yahoo and I had to select new ones. Oh well...
I've had a pretty eventful week. I applied to four jobs. Three were for sales and one was for a restaurant position. You know it's funny. I was talking with my mother the other day and we were reminissing about how nice it was when I had my career at UAB. And how things have changed from my saleried position to the income that department stores offer. Once I get a full time job, I will probably have to get a part time job on the weekends. Just to make ends meet.
The economy. I had this misconception that the economy was getting better. But it's sad to say that I don't think it's better.  I still hear of people loosing their jobs. I often think of this co-worker of mine that got laid off when I did. He had a dissabled wife and three kids. I quess I'm lucky in a way that I didn't have a family to support.
When I think of the applications that I have applied for, I am reminded that there are probably 100 people applying to the same jobs. So if you get a call back, you're lucky.
I'm still trying to stay optimistic. I just need to continue to see that "it's going to happen." If not today, then sometime soon. Happy thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment