women get social

Sunday, September 5, 2010

My numbers

I did not espect my diabetes numbers to be so good this time around. Because I have gained weight, I thought my A1C was going to be high. But it was 7. My blood pressure was good and cholestoral was good also. I've been back on this diet for now 6/weeks. So, hopefully I can get back down to where I was when this all started.
I saw a friend this past week that I haven't seen in about 2/yrs. It's so nice to reconnect with people. Because I have found that with your day to day life, keeping in touch with folks is a real challange sometimes.
I found out through an old co-worker that there may be an upcoming grant that may apply to me at my former place of business, UAB. Apparently my name was given to the doctor writing the grant and he thought that I may be a good match. I am still puting out resumes and applications with various companies in town. I did find out that there is a new website to look for jobs. I should be getting it soon and will include that address in my next blog.
All in all, I feel blessed that my health is good, I have a supportive family and my friends are all around me.
Life is really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment