women get social

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Spanglish?

Ha Ha Ha! Thats funny. I speak only a few words of spanish, so I wouldn't call that fluent.
I haven't had much luck so far this week on finding advertisements for jobs. I think it works that way. One week you will find endless jobs, then the next week you won't.
I'm still volunteering. but I did find out from the park that their just now interviewing for the job I had applied for about a month ago. I did call them this morning and they told me that they were calling for interviews this week, so I might hear from them. That would be a fun job. It was working at the information desk. They needed someone to answer the phone and help schedule events at the park.
I went to Lowes today. They didn't have a position that was advertised. I just "cold called" them. They did tell me they weren't hiring, but might be around the holidays. Even if this was temporary, every little bit helps.
I have a neighbor who just got laid off from UAB and is worried that he'll loose his home.
I thank my lucky stars everyday that I have a family who is in the position of financially helping me. I would have been foreclosed on years ago if it hadn't been for my father.
I am truely blessed.

1 comment:

  1. What do you think about the "funny cat pictures?"
    I love them!

    I'm proud of you! :)

    Rock

    ReplyDelete