women get social

Sunday, September 19, 2010

job fair

There was a job fair in Leeds, AL on Friday. I went and brought 10 resumes with me. I spoke with 7 different employers that will be hiring for their shops at the end of October. There's going to be a new outlet mall built there.
There were tons of people at this job fair. I met 9 folks who had been looking for a job in the Birmingham area as I have. Some of them were laid off too. Leeds is about a 45 minute drive from my house. It's alittle out of the way, but not too bad.
The ngage team did help with a possible career, but since jobs are so scarce right now, the positions for this company were filled within a few days.
My friends have also offered ideas, but those positions were filled quickly. So, I quess it's all about who you know at the right moment.
I'm lucky to have a computer to browse online. The online advertisements are updated on a daily basis, so this will enable me to get a more precise listing.
As promised I have a few online addresses that others could view. They are:
al.com, monster.com, USAjobs.com and UAB.com. I should be getting another one here soon.
Wish me happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment