women get social

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Have you ever thought about writing people instead of emailing? I have a friend who doesn't have the internet or a phone,so we write back and forth. I have found that it is alot of fun. Besides,emailing can be so routine. It reminds me of how it used to be before computers. Everything is so high tech now that I think we have lost personal contact with each other.
We need to get back to the basics. For instance,if you think about sending a person a care package. Instead of ordering flowers or cookies and having a company deliver them,send them yourself. Drive to their house and "personally" give the package to them. I think this means much more to people.
Facebook. I agree with keeping in touch with people,but I think this has turned into an "overkill." I think people are more apt to electronically communicate then actively seeing others.
With this fast paced life we see ourselves in its hard to imagine if one could stop and smell the daises. I read that in a book. But it's true. It seems that everyone relies so heavily on their cell phones,emails,Iphones,Ipods and the internet. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Allison,

    I think you are probably right. I do however think that all of this technology can be very positive. I agree, we shouldn't use it as a substitute for human contact, but it certainly provide a much bigger canvas to paint our pictures and tell our stories. It provides opportunities which seem endless!

    Rock

    ReplyDelete