women get social

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Well, I went to my interview yesterday. The manager offered me the job to start on Friday. Then I told him that I had some doctors appts. that I couldn't miss because I was a diabetic. My schedule would have been 9:30a to 6:pm. He told me that due to policy,he could not allow me to go to these appts. until after 6.mos. I came home and told my mother and sister. My sister suggested that I call my docotr the next day[today] and ask them if they could see patients by 8:00am. So, I did do that and was told that the earliest was 8:30am. Then I called my mother and she told me that my father,whom is a doctor could treat my diabetes and to call the menager back and tell him that I can work through my appts and accept the job. So, when I called the manager back this morning,he had already hired someone yesterday after seeing me.
I did tell my sister this who was very supportive. My mother on the other hand was not. But then she called back and apologized. I'm so disappointed. I'll know better next time.
Today was also the day that I was scheduled to take my kitten to the vet to get declawed. Well it didn't run as smoothly as I thought it would. I couldn't get her into her crate.
 After I restled with a pillow case and a wrapping her into a towel I gave up. She bit me twice. I then went to the vet to get a sedative for her. But I couldn't get to her to administer it because she has not left under the bed. She was sooo upset ,I decided to cancell the appointment.
My friend was telling me that one of her friends calls a traveling vet to make house calls. I may do that next year when she is due for her shots.
So all in all, this morning sucked. I've tried to get my mind off of the job situation,but it's just hard. Knowing that I blew it. I still beleive though that I should have told him about my appts ahead of time. He probably would have fired me if I did go to them.
I get my blood work done tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a better day.

1 comment: