women get social

Monday, August 2, 2010

My blood sugars are getting back to normal now. It's gonna take probably a few more days to get down to the lower 100's for my fasting levels.
I called one of the places I had filled out an application to and they hired someone else. Thats been my luck so far.
Always hiring someone else. Jobs are sooo hard to come by right now. It's hard to imagine that I worked at UAB for almost 10/yrs. on a good income,then not working at all for now 2/yrs. I've had health problems,but my gosh!!!
My new kitty is doing better now. She's not biting or pooping on the floor anymore. She's still alittle gun shy. She hasn't learned how to cuddle yet. But she lets me pick her up and pet her.
Volunteering has let me stay active and busy. I can't just sit around the house anymore. At least I have an outlet.
I hope it cools off soon. Having anhydrosis doesn't help with the heat. I'm walking around 6am now because of the intense heat outside.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,Allison... no, I'm not family but I love your family,and know how much they love you! I have an idea of what you must go through daily, and just want to "n"courage you to try to stay on task. I'm not diabetic, but I'm 68 years old, and can't seem to lose a single pound.. I walk every day, and I'm pretty active during the day.. although I'll admit I take a little catnap each day!!And by the way, how is your little kitty???She'll learn to snuggle in time! Anyway, losing weight is never easy or fun..it's hard work, and no, I don't want to give up anything I "n"joy..especially my white wine in the early evening! GLUB-GLUB!! So I can imagine how hard it is for you when there are other issues "n"volved. So, please do the best you can each day,and stay with it...you are a beautiful lady and good person.. I'll be thinking about you. Yaya

    ReplyDelete