women get social

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday

Well I went back to volunteer this morning and had the same thing happen without the vomiting. I just couldn't stop coughing. Each time I talked I convulsed into coughing. So, I left to come home. I've been drinking hot herbal tea and sucking on halls. This has helped if I just don't talk. So here I am.
I did stop off to buy some test strips at Walgreens this morning and spent 162 dollars for a pack of 100 strips.
These are part of my testing supplies for diabetes. What really sucks is that I don't qualify for help with the cost of Rx's and testing supplies through Medicare. The reason is because I have retirement accounts and the government considers that as extra income even though I can't withdrawal from these accounts. So all this means is that I don't qualify for part D. So it's all out of pocket expenses.
It adds up on a monthly basis. I'm in the process of getting a supplimental coverage through another health care plan. This additional coverage is going to cost me more money so I'm literally back where I started from. Money, money, money. Where does it end?

No comments:

Post a Comment