women get social

Monday, September 3, 2012

Changes

You know, we rarely see ourselves in the whole light. What I mean by that is that we all get so used to our environment that it's hard to look beyond the obvious. Today I had a long talk with my sister about me. It wasn't easy to hear the things she said, but I'm thankful that she said them. We always have things about ourselves that we want to change and sometimes it just helps to hear about those changes from other people.
I have been afraid of everything most of my life that I have isolated myself from the world. I don't know when this began, but it's been going on for a long time. Maybe it's been going on since I was a child or maybe some event happened that has made me so afraid. All I do know is that I've got to get out there again and trust that everything is going to be ok.
I've lost the commitment to be a healthier person both physically and mentally. I guess what I've done is built barriers around me and not let anyone in. I've had disappointments that have lasted a lifetime that I'm afraid of other people.
But one thing that I need to do is just to let go of the bad things and move forward towards the good things. I have to believe in myself and have confidence in myself.
I think at some time during people's lives, you loose sight of whats really important. This is easy to do.
You can't help getting lost within yourself and your problems. So, the most important thing you need to concentrate on is improving yourself and you life. With a little effort, I think I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment