women get social

Thursday, August 9, 2012

today

Today we got some fierce rain. The storm came through around 11am this morning. Thankfully I was already home. My power went out a few times and the front lawn flooded. We needed the rain, but not this much. I saw on the news that parts of downtown Birmingham flooded. Idiots were driving their cars through these flooded streets. You won't catch me doing that. I did that one time when I had an SUV and I ended up flooding the engine. But I was driving through a flooded bridge in north Alabama. It was covered with water from a stream. Bad idea. Believe me I learned my lesson then.
I went to workout a little while ago. I just joined this gym. I figure it can't hurt. Walking is fine every morning, but it's just not toning me up. So, I went in and rode a bike for 30 minutes then I worked out with the weights. There was an attendant there who showed me the proper way to lift weights. If you want to hire a fitness instructor they only cost 80 dollars an hour. Whew! Too rich for my blood.
Since I've been home, I've just sat around. Didn't feel like doing much. It's going to be a lazy day from this point on.

No comments:

Post a Comment